What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer or mobile device by sites that you visit and then retransmitted to the same sites the next time you visit. They are widely used in order to make sites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the site, for example, your language preference, sign in information or usage of the site’s services and applications. They are also used to show the user products and services based on their preferences as well as to allow third-party partners to deliver relevant advertising.
Cookies created and stored directly by us are called first-party cookies. We also use third-party cookies, which are cookies from a domain different than the domain of the site you are visiting, usually for our advertising and marketing activity.
There are different types of cookies and their functions vary depending on their characteristics. They can stay on the user's computer or mobile device for different periods of time. For example, session cookies are automatically deleted when the browser is closed, whereas persistent cookies remain on the user's device for a predetermined amount of time.
Which cookies are used on the site?
Our cookies are classified into one of the following categories:
- essential cookies, i.e. browsing or session cookies, including the essential cookie that saves your cookie preferences which are strictly necessary for the running of the site or to allow you to enjoy the content and services requested by you. These cookies are essential for the site to function and can’t be switched off in our systems.
- functional cookies, i.e. used to activate specific site features and a number of selected criteria (e.g. language, products selected for purchase) in order to improve the service provided;
- analytical cookies, including third party cookies, which allow us to understand how you and other users use the site. These cookies don’t contain any information about your identity or any personal data. Information is processed in an aggregated and anonymous form;
- advertising or “profiling” cookies, including those from third parties, i.e. cookies aimed at creating user profiles and used in order to send you advertisements in line with your preferences expressed while browsing the web;
Functional, analytical and advertising cookies are activated and used by the Site only if you give your prior consent for such use.
Third party cookies, i.e. cookies from sites or web servers other than Lenny London, are also used for purposes specific to these third parties.
Further details of the cookies used on the site can be found here:
How to enable or disable cookies
You can choose which categories of cookies to authorize by selecting them through our Cookie Centre.
Please remember that:
- since essential cookies (including those of any third parties) are strictly necessary for the functioning of the site or to use the content and services requested, it is not possible to disable this type of cookie, as this would compromise the functioning of the site or the use of its content and services; If you do not wish to install such a category of cookies on your device, please do not use our site;
- not authorising functional cookies (including cookies from any third parties) may result in some services or functions on the site not being available or not working properly and you may be forced to modify or manually enter certain information or preferences each time you visit the site;
- not authorising anonymised analytical cookies (including those of any third parties) will mean that we cannot can measure and therefore improve the performance of our site but will not affect the operation of the site.
- not authorising advertising cookies (including those of any third parties) will mean that you experience less targeted advertising but will not affect the operation of the Site.
In addition to this procedure, you can also block or delete cookies (in whole or in part) through dedicated settings in your browser (see below).
Your cookie preferences will need to be reset if you use different devices or browsers to access the site or delete cookies from your device.
You can authorize, block or delete (in whole or in part) cookies through the specific functions of your browser. In the event that some functional cookies, even including third party cookies, are disabled, the Site: some services or certain functions of the Site might not be available or won’t function correctly; you may be forced to modify or manually enter certain information or preferences each time you visit the site.
Below are links to instructions regarding cookies on common browsers:
Web Push Notifications
With your consent, you will be able to receive personalized notifications on your device about our products and news (so-called "web push notifications").
In order to send you such notifications, we use technologies similar to cookies (in particular, "HTLM5 Local Storage") which stores information on the Local Storage of your device. Some of your personal data is also stored on our servers (which are located in the European Union) in order to manage "web push notifications".
Communications are personalised according to: the way you navigate and use the site, the products you view, purchase or place in your shopping bag, the data you enter in the registration form when purchasing products on the Site (in particular, the name used to personalise communications sent to you and your date of birth so that we can send you promotions and discounts on your birthday).
The categories of personal data used for this purpose are:
- products purchased, displayed or placed in the shopping bag
- date of birth;
- gender (male or female);
- preferred language and version of the site used (country);
- information about the device and browser that you are using;
- date and time you gave your consent to receive the web push notifications; - account creation date;- date of your last visit to the site.
You may revoke your consent to receive such personalized commercial communications at any time by following the instructions below.
Most common browsers: Chrome: Settings > Show Advanced Settings > Privacy – Content Settings > Notifications - Manage exceptions> Enter: www.lennylondon.com and select “Block”
Firefox: Options > Content > Notifications – Select > www.lennylondon.com – “Block”
Safari: Preferences > Notifications > Set to "Reject” You may also revoke your specific consent to receive notifications as opposed to all communications you receive by following the instructions below.
Desktop: Right-click on notification > disable notifications from www.lennylondon.com
More information and details on the various types of cookies, the way they work and their characteristics can be found on the following sites (completely independent and not affiliated with us) www.AllAboutCookies.org or www.aboutcookies.org.
Last updated on 12 November 2021.